You can make a difference in someone’s life. Become a sperm donor.
Sperm donors are needed to provide single women or couples (heterosexual or same sex) with the opportunity to become parents.
Specifically, sperm donors are urgently needed for the following reasons:
- Donor sperm in Australia is currently in extremely short supply.
- To assist couples who are unable to achieve a pregnancy due to male infertility. Male infertility has many causes, including genetic, infectious, and physical damage.
- To give single women the opportunity to make their dreams of motherhood a reality.
- To provide women in a same-sex relationship with the opportunity to become parents.
- To further assist patients who have already conceived children via donor sperm and are keen to repeat the process for their child’s sibling/s.
- To meet the steadily increasing demand for donor sperm as a result of scientific advances in recent years, now allowing IVF clinics to help more patients.
- To meet the increasing demand as a result of a greater acceptance in society today regarding the use of donor sperm.
What are the Main Benefits for me?
There are many reasons why you might consider donating to Sperm Donors Australia, including:
- To help women or couples, who cannot conceive naturally, fulfil their dream of having a family.
- To find out your own fertility status.
- To receive a free general health check, including some blood tests.
Will I be Compensated for my Troubles?
In Australia, the donation of reproductive tissue must be altruistic. However, we do realise that you may incur some travel and parking costs, potential loss of earnings and some medical costs in connection with the donation of sperm.
Therefore, you will be reimbursed for reasonable verifiable out-of-pocket expenses associated with the sperm donation process. This amount will be individualized to your circumstances and discussed with the donor coordinator at your first appointment.
We aim to provide you with as much information as you require during the process of becoming a sperm donor. Our friendly staff are available to discuss any questions you may have about our donor program, so please feel free to contact us. We are here to help you.
Who can be a Sperm Donor?